Clutch Repair with the experts at Clutch Doctor!
Are you experiencing clutch slippage? Does shifting gears seem complicated to you? If so, your clutch may be overdue for repair or adjustment. Visit or Call MotorCar Doctors Auto Repair of Beaverton today for your next clutch service. Previously known as Clutch Doctor, our same highly experienced team can assist with all your clutch repair needs!
It is best not to ignore Clutch problems or problems with manual transmissions. In automobiles, the Clutch enables your wheels to disengage from the engine to stop spinning while the engine is still running. You would not be able to turn your wheels and engine at the same speed if you did not have a clutch.
Eventually, the hydraulic system that turns the Clutch on your manual-transmission car won’t last. Master and slave cylinders will eventually fail, as they wear out just like everything else. Usually, the slave near the gearbox is the first to fail. Nevertheless, the hydraulic system has some advantages. The system will not snap as quickly as a cable, and it will come with warning signs to let you know what’s going on. So, to maintain your Clutch correctly, you need an experienced and versatile man.
What are the signs that you need Clutch Replacement?
- Slipping gears, causing temporary loss of acceleration.
- Accelerating from a stop leaves a burning smell.
- While shifting gears, a grinding sound is heard.
- The clutch pedal does not move when pressed or feels soft.
What does a Clutch Repair Service include?
- Take out the transmission from your vehicle.
- Examine the clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel, and other related components.
- Replace any required parts.
- Performing a reinstall of the transmission.
- Replace the fluid with fresh, clean fluid.
- Perform a lift check to ensure that the clutch has been installed and adjusted correctly.
- Surface resurfacing or flywheel replacement.
- The replacement of worn-out hydraulic components.
How often should you replace your clutch?
The lifespan of a clutch varies widely based on the level of use, wear and tear. The facings on your Clutch will never last forever, but there are a few situations that can make them wear out more quickly. You’re more likely to wear out your Clutch faster if you live in a city since stop-and-go traffic on the road is heavier on your Clutch. People who drive out of town, off-road, pull a trailer, or change gear frequently can also cause clutch wear and tear.
When it comes to clutch repair or clutch replacement, MotorCar Doctors Auto Repair of Beaverton formerly known as Clutch Doctor is your expert clutch mechanic. Schedule your next clutch service, and our mechanics will let you know the manufacturer’s recommended clutch repair interval for your particular vehicle.
We are pleased to offer top of the line clutch service and repair for customers in [City] and surrounding area like Portland, Hillsoboro, Tigard, Oregon City, Gladstone and more.
We are a full service facility, offering not only clutch service and repair, but also other vehicle maintenance such as:
- Brake service and repair
- Oil change service
- Vehicle diagnostics
- And more!
Call us today or send us a message online to book your next clutch service!