Oil Change in Aloha, OR
Oil Change Service at MotorCar Doctors Auto Repair
An engine’s life depends on oil. Besides reducing friction and wearing, it lubricates metal engine parts, forms a seal between the piston rings and cylinder walls, and helps cool them.
The most simple, effective, and cost-effective means of protecting your engine is to change the oil and the filter regularly.
Engine oil and filter change services mean a complete drain and refilling of engine oil and fitting a brand-new oil filter in your vehicle. Engine oil lubricates the parts of your vehicle’s engine and helps them to work efficiently during combustion.
Without changing engine oil timely, your car wouldn’t keep moving as metal parts would rub together, causing irreversible damage to the engine.
What does a full oil change service include?
As part of an oil and filter change service, the plug needs to be removed to drain the oil. All of the lines and components are flushed and cleaned, a new oil filter is added and then new, fresh oil is put back into the vehicle. Once the oil has been refilled to the correct level, the engine can be started to run normally.
How does an Oil Change service benefit you?
- Engine life is prolonged
- More efficient fuel consumption
- Other engine parts are protected
- An eco-friendly option
- No worries with the emission test
What kind of oil should you use for your oil change?
The anti-wear additives in high mileage motor oils improve engine performance in 75,000 miles or more vehicles. We offer our customers conventional oil formulations, synthetic blend oil formulas, and full synthetic oil formulations.
- Conventional oil – Conventional oil is a form of oil derived from crude oil with various additives incorporated into it. Moreover, it supplies durable wear protection that allows engines to withstand daily commuter traffic from sustained high-speed highway operation to repetitive stop-and-go traffic on the streets.
- Synthetic blend motor oil – Synthetic oil is a form of oil produced from artificial ingredients with various additives. The purity and uniform molecule structure of synthetic oil allow it to protect your engine better than conventional oils, as well as provide environmental advantages.
- Full synthetic oil – The base oil is made from natural gas in full synthetic motor oil, making it 99.5% free of the impurities typically found in crude oil. It is the best oil for every motor requiring interior protection.
Our mechanics can recommend the best motor oil for your vehicle and driving conditions. We will never use oil that doesn’t meet the manufacturer’s specs in your vehicle.
How often should oil be changed?
Oil changes are recommended by many vehicle manufacturers every 3,000 miles. However, many vehicle manufacturers recommend longer oil change intervals as oil technology and chemistry advance.
It is possible that you only require an oil change every 7,500 miles or even 10,000 miles, depending on your car. To be sure, check your owner’s manual for scheduled interval maintenance or call our shop and we can assist.
Call MotorCar Doctors Auto Repair in Aloha today to book your next appointment! We are a full service facility, offering not only oil changes but also other routine maintenance such as: